21 April, 2010

Flat Pack- Shorts on Walls

Well… at first I was actually surprised that it was on an actual brick wall. I thought it would have been on a screen and that was just what they’d named the event. As I arrived early, I witness them go through trials ensuring that everything was working before the 6pm given slot.

To start off we were shown “A model Christmas”- and what a way to open the

Animation festival. It had talking Lego, I mean what else can anyone ask for. I liked the idea of recording people’s conversation and then adding it to toys and changing the expressions. It was filled with light humour and could be enjoyed by many different audiences. Although, having seen this kind of thing before- it still captivated the audience.

I like that they didn’t let everyone talk and that they used the typical ‘rich girl’, who had a list of things she wanted. It made it more realistic as there is always at least one person like that in the world.

The animation was smooth and was to promote the bullring and the people shopping there. It was for a Christmas theme of what people wanted. I liked the attention to detail of having the luggage change colour and the people moving in the background. Overall, the animation achieves what it set out to do and incorporate humour with ‘live’ performances.

Without further adieu, here is the animation







The aforementioned mentions I have seen this kind of stuff before. Although, presented in a different manner... This 'trailer' of the Animation "I Met the Walrus" captures the same essence that is conveyed in the animation above.


Apart from this, the "Creature Comforts" series offers the same range of things and displays the style which can be seen in all of the above.


No comments:

Post a Comment