We were asked to be in groups for the new animation. The groups were decided
but us- mine consisted of: Louie, Ashlea, Sarah, Zez, Roxy and Myself.
We were then given a selection of three different stories to choose from. We all decided to do Frankenstein.
We began by editing the script which was done by Louie. This can be found on his blog LJ Animation.
We began by doing research into asylums- they can be seen below.
I then decided that I would do the cat armature. To begin with the armature that I came up with was the one which can be seen below, followed by the plasticine moulding on top.
As I found out the hard way, you need to do face sketches from all angles. The cat does not resemble my initial sketch and the face looks startled.
After this I tried to do it again, I found that this time it worked better.
These images were taking from Coraline, this shows how they made a separate mouth for all the dolls and I thought it would be somewhat useful to do in this stop motion production.
This is the armature for Coraline. The eyebrows are changable and although they have used resin in order to achieve this look- the idea of diving the face into upper and lower work well.
This is an example of the cat walk cycle. This is an animation done by someone, and sometimes they get it wrong- so I thought I would record the Tiger walking, the day we went to the zoo.
Here is my version of the walk cycle- This was a bad test.....
Although I didn't animate Victoria, I asked my room mate if she could walk up the stairs to ensure we got the right movement.