21 April, 2010

Flip Festival (Day 2)

Opening Shorts
This was a clump of different types of animation throughout the world. They were aimed at inspiring people, and whilst some did the trick, others disgusted the audience (Puppet Boy) I still have nightmares about it... We just sat in a cinema and watch films, it was too dark to even take notes so it was a little bit pointless in that regard. I didn't gain much from it, apart from a list of animation films, for reviewing at a later date on Youtube.

The Brothers McLeod.
The Brothers McLeod presented a variety of animation which inspired them with their things. Although, most of the stuff they presented didn't sit well with me, I still managed to watch throughout hoping that this would lead me into understanding my subject/competition. Apart from the things I didn't like, I did come to find a couple of interesting things. This inspired me and motivated me in order to achieve better quality animations.

Lapsus
I really really REAAALY liked this animation. It had light humor which made it a definite contender for me. I like the idea behind it and a slight 'mockery' on religion (although some people may hate me for stating that). I thought the concept was original and something I hadn't seen before. I'm hoping to recreate something like that- although done digitally, I still like the simplicity of the characters.... it just links in well with the animation.

Overview
Although the review and question and answer session didn't really enlighten me into anything. Due to the fact that they didn't let anyone speak, they kept on interrupting throughout. I thought it was rude and apart from one person, who sounded at least somewhat prepared to do a speech was rudely interrupted by the host. Overall, the event was interesting. I don't feel it was a necessity to pay to watch films. Like I said, films and lists of things that are out there were okay, talk about animation and the whole point for the visit... 'limited'.

No comments:

Post a Comment